Sunday, July 26, 2009

Them were t'days

This site has a fascinating run through of some old adverts for drugs that were once commonplace but now are... somewhat less so (depending on where you live).

In addition to the usual commentary on the original recipe for Coca Cola, there are plenty of other eye opening ads for an array of exciting drugs.

I've included the standout (for me) above. Reading the copy on the advert, I was wondering where they were going to go with the "it's hard to make nervous kids take a pill" line and which alternate route they were going to suggest. A suppository never entered my mind.

And then you read the last line and realise that you're supposed to stick these up the kid's bottom before they became nervous. Sounds chicken and egg to me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had a double take when I saw nembutal. I associate it with Dr Nitschke.

    ReplyDelete