Monday, March 1, 2010

Back in the jug agane

So - the start of my second year. Finally, some uncharted territory.

Except not. The way this course is structured, save content my second year is a carbon copy of my first year. This isn't the most inspiring thought at the moment. Group projects and assignments have already become routine, formulaic and rather a bore as I think I've mentioned before.

The question is, how can I maintain my own motivation and what will the university be doing to maintain the engagement of the second years? From conversations with and observations of the second years when I was a first year, the answer to the second question is "not a lot". Looks like I'll have to dig deep and find myself some intrinsic motivators from somewhere.

It'll be interesting to look back on this year in 12 months time: ha I been a bit pessimistic, or was it indeed the slog I anticipated?

No comments:

Post a Comment